|Clan Centurio|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you ever watched animation in your life?

Go down 
+6
+O$!R!5+
Aoichan
Black Sheep
Momoko
Nataku
Uri
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

So...have you ever watched animation?
Yes, of course, and I love them!
Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_lcap100%Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 9 ]
Yes, but they are kind of boring...
Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope, never in my life, but would like to give it a try!
Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever watched animation in your life? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope, and would never like to watch that kiddy stuff!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Have you ever watched animation in your life? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 4:34

It's been many years since the Japanese Animation has been translated into several languages and released on the local channels for you to watch, although there isn't really much in Mauritius, but people have succeeded to watch them from other means.

Please proceed to the votings then, and tell us about your first impression of anime and the name of the ever first anime you have ever watched!

It's been a long time since I've watched my first anime, it was a fantasy one, Creamy Mami, I guess was the name of the series....But I really fell in love with Anime was when I watched SailorMoon...then I've started to have drawing as hobby...And I am still following the newest animations coming out in 2007, there are so many of them!
Back to top Go down
http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 15:40

Like so many here in Mauritius, my first anime was Dragon Ball Z and it still ranks among my favorites after so long.
Hey I really started to follow anime and such after i watched SailorMoon! Why has the final season never been broadcasted in Mtius?? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 16:17

Nataku wrote:
Like so many here in Mauritius, my first anime was Dragon Ball Z and it still ranks among my favorites after so long.
Hey I really started to follow anime and such after i watched SailorMoon! Why has the final season never been broadcasted in Mtius?? Suspect
May be it has never been translated in France....who knows?
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 17:19

My first anime was Saliormoon too.Then i started to watch other animes till today^^But I don't like the translation in French, I prefer the japanese:tongue:
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 19:18

Uri wrote:
Nataku wrote:
May be it has never been translated in France....who knows?

huh Suspect if we have to wait for the French to translate all anime first, then we'd as well give Mtius to France lol

Hey Momoko, some anime sound better in French than in Japanese though...Take SailorMoon, the original voices are too high-pitched for my poor ears...
Back to top Go down
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin
Black Sheep

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 1 Feb - 21:59

First anime was Dragon Ball Z... or Sailor Moon... Can't remember clearly... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Aoichan
Moppet
Aoichan

Female
Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 3 Feb - 3:24

My first anime was sailor moon then ladyoscar(i think)
Back to top Go down
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male
Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyWed 21 Feb - 20:35

I may seem quite an outsider here....
Well, i've watched Escaflowne and Evangelion as my first anime. They were great! however i was more impressed with the movies by the studio Ghibli. the best movies are:
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Grave of Fireflies
Back to top Go down
http://www.xosirisx.skyblog.com
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyWed 21 Feb - 23:28

Hmm...looks like we have quite a lot in common! After DBZ and Sailormoon I watched Escaflowne on Canal+, I must have been about 6-7 years old then. By the same time I watched the 2 first episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. These 2 mecha/fiction/fantasy anime really impressed me drunken and Escaflowne ranks among my favorite anime. Can't say much for NGE because I watched only the 2 first eps and 2 more random ones... but still, I like it...

Between 1996 and 1999 I watched My Neighbour Totoro ( hey Osiris, you should try this one. It may look childish, but it's fun) and Mononoke Hime cheers . These remain my favorite Miyazaki works.
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyThu 22 Feb - 20:44

Miyazaki hey...Yeah his stories are nice and impressive, like a lot his works...Specially Princess Mononoke~!
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 11:04

Princess Mononoke...That was a great story, I really like it...First time when i watch it...I think was in Taiwan:PI don't really remember.Then the second time was Nataku who passed me the film:P, Thanks Nataku-chan^_^...I like Miyazaki's other work too..especially those Nataku has passed me.
Back to top Go down
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 13:59

Well, they thing interesting about the movies are that you can never see you's the good side and who's the bad side.
An example would be Princess Mononoke!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 18:33

On this point I agree with Osiris. In Mononoke Hime, no one's really right nor wrong.
E.g, Lady Eboshi destroys the forests and the spirits living there. What she does is basically wrong. However, she does it in the name of progress, so that's basically ok... scratch

Conclusion: Miyazaki's works reflect our lives. Who is the bad guy or the good guy depends on how you perceive your surroundings.

Personnally, i hated Eboshi... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin
Black Sheep

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 19:48

Nataku wrote:

Conclusion: Miyazaki's works reflect our lives. Who is the bad guy or the good guy depends on how you perceive your surroundings.

Personnally, i hated Eboshi... Rolling Eyes
Yes! I agree with all of you (for once). Wink

@ Nataku - Understandable... Moro! Why did she have to die? (my favourite character) Sad
Back to top Go down
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 20:56

hum hum...
Anyway, i think it follows the principle of YING-YANG...
scratch
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 21:41

Sometimes the good are good because the bad exists...If there was no bad then who would have figured out who's the good one?!
Back to top Go down
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 21:54

Yes, but if the bad did not exist, How boring would have been the stories...
The world is good with its part of good and its part of bad...
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 22:07

What ho! should I create a philosophy section? hmm...
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 22:12

That's right...but sometimes the bad are not really bad...they have their own ambitions and wishes to be accomplished, but which are not accepted by other people so they are considered as bad... poor guys....
Back to top Go down
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptyFri 23 Feb - 22:50

Well,we'll take that out...
And i think we're getting off course...
And now i'm a scout!!!(50 posts)
Back to top Go down
Zoro
Newb
Zoro

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 7 Apr - 20:42

of course i do...anime is my life. how can i live without my life?

unknown:computer game was your life, but now you still can survive.

zoro:ohh...that's an exception"XD
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 7 Apr - 21:03

Nataku wrote:
What ho! should I create a philosophy section? hmm...

yes do....my first anime were DBZ, sailor moon and nicky larson, all at once ....i love nicky larson; précurseur de GTO....love it. some people think it's too "osé" for kids to watch, but this guy was my real childhood hero....was in love with him flirty
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 7 Apr - 21:10

DBZ~~Don't like it much~Muscles and everytime the same thing...Always Songoku or Songohan or Son of something, don't think the wrong way ok?
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 7 Apr - 21:13

or Songoten....i loved it before....now, i feel (after having watched DBGT) that the story is dumb...the first saga was cool, really....yeah, the muscles are also incredible. like in that episode where they are fighting against cell and trunks becomes legendary super sayajin.....how bulky can you get?????
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? EmptySat 7 Apr - 21:16

You know, in animations, there has never been any limits~~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watched animation in your life?   Have you ever watched animation in your life? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever watched animation in your life?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next