|Clan Centurio|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~

Go down 
+5
chelsea
shizuka
Blazer
Momoko
Uri
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How many languages do you know?
One and only one
~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_lcap0%~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Two, the most basic...
~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_lcap13%~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Three, to survive in the schools...
~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_lcap13%~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Four, the oriental ones learnt in primary...
~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_lcap25%~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
More than four, Wow! That's great~!
~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_lcap49%~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 0:13

There are several languages/dialects in this world, and in this island Mauritius, we speak at least over 5 languages/dialects, although not per person. And you? how many do you know? Share with us ~!

Last edited by on Wed 11 Apr - 3:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 0:33

How many...hmm...I know to speak English, French, "Creol"(dose it count as a language??)and Mandarine...It makes 4 languages...Wow I speak 4 languages0,0
Back to top Go down
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 1:07

I talk at least English, French, Creol...
But trying to learn Hakka(a derivative of mandarin, i think), Japanese!! Hope i will be able to!scratch

Last edited by on Tue 10 Apr - 12:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 2:24

same as blazer here....but i do speak a teeeeny weeeeny little bit of hindi...doesn't count much, it's only what i grasp from baka indian films!!....
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 10:36

Wow~! I think most of the people by now speaks four~! Personally, speak Mandarin, English, French and creole potish, and of course would like to learn the Japanese~! I know only some words but cannot make sentences with them~

I don't know how to speak Mandarine...you guys talk to fruits??
Back to top Go down
chelsea
Scout
chelsea

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-03-16

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 16:32

Me, i speak english, french, creole......
And i can say some words in Mandarin, Hakka, Japanese and Hindi

I would like to learn Japanese, Espagnol et Italien

Last edited by on Fri 13 Apr - 21:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 20:10

Wow...Hindi??I didn't know that 0,0..Me, I know some word of Japanese...same as Uri...can't speak a phrase...only some words..
Back to top Go down
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 20:27

Ah i forgot hindi...
I can comfirmed it, as here in the neighbourhood, we got use to it.
As sometimes the neighbour cry out loud in hindi and also father sometimes blames his friend in hindi(loudly).

We know only some words!!
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 20:55

my hindi is really bad....and my mom blames me for that. says i ought to learn, because of my religion!!! but i don't give a damn, really!!
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 21:13

Why don't you learn that??If you know 1 more language, it's good for you...like me..if later i went to live in taiwan...It's an adventage for me of know 2 more languages there...
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 21:27

ah, well, it's not that i don't like it....it's just that i hate people telling me what to do or think....or what to learn....
but still, i can make up short sentences in hindi....
it's good to know more languages! can go to the UN to work as a translator...
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 21:30

Maybe...And you can become a teacher...hmm...If you like to be a teacher as Job...Smile
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 21:46

teaching???? what, you want me to kill all those brats??? i'll hang them all by the feet and maybe torture them if they annoy me!! ah, well, i want to learn all dead languages as well. stuffs like latin, sanskrit, old greek, hebrew...and so many others!! i want to learn them all!! flirty

i've really got it for languages me!!
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyTue 10 Apr - 21:58

0,0....ohh..I see....you'll not become a teacher as you'll kill them all....0,0,,So scary..better not to approach you.....lol...I'm only Kidding:P...And don't worry...You'll get what you want later^^
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyWed 11 Apr - 3:24

I, too, would like to become a language teacher, although I would not like to know the occidental ones....But I will still like to teach English and French in Taiwan ~
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyWed 11 Apr - 20:42

I heard there's a "Franch craze" in Taiwan now...Cool, we could all go there and start a french institution! Travail assuré! grin

Well, like most of us here speak English, French and Creol. I also speak Mandarin (although I'm not really good at writing - there are too many characters!!! amazed But I like trying calligraphy whenever time allows) and have recently made some progress for the basics of Tai yu (Taiwanese) lol!

There are also some Hindi words which I've learned from friends at school, my best one being 'terrorist' grin
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyThu 12 Apr - 23:30

Chinese is beautiful to write sometimes but not all the time~And French is beautiful to listen but not when I speak it out, haha~But hope that I can make some progress here and get a fortune in Taiwan~
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Rear Guard
Momoko

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyFri 13 Apr - 0:28

Why not teaching English& French in Taiwan.....My mom told me that if you teach for only 1 hour, you can get a lot of money....0,0...Isn't that great??
Back to top Go down
Aoichan
Moppet
Aoichan

Female
Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyFri 13 Apr - 0:43

There are six languages that i know such as chinese,english,french,spanish,japanese,creole
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyFri 13 Apr - 20:09

oooh....you speak spanish too? well, taiwan is not for me!! i'd have to learn chinese....and frankly, it seems too difficult! i'll stick to learning japanese first, then i'll see for chinese....maybe one day, i'll converse with you in chinese, uri!!!
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyFri 13 Apr - 20:18

Haha, waiting for that then~! I shall try for Japanese, and then, may be, I said, may be Korean~~! But I find their way of speaking really strange~!
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyFri 13 Apr - 21:45

yeah, i have that korean channel, Arirang, and, yes, korean is a bit weird. fortunately, they speak english there...good english, i daresay!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptySat 14 Apr - 21:24

Korean sure is weird,but not as much as German! Ealga speaks German, and ohlala~ the language sounds quite rude at first. You have the feeling that the speaker wants to fight or something...
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptySun 15 Apr - 6:04

In fact, for me, the most beautiful language that I ever approved is japanese, I really don't know why, but I like their way of talking, when it's rude it's rude, when it's soft, it's soft. That's my feeling of the language. As for Korean, really cannot get used to it, just like Thai, oh my, the two films that I have watched, the Thai girl has a really piercing voice....
Back to top Go down
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin
Black Sheep

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ EmptyMon 16 Apr - 3:01

I can speak french and english quite fluently. Then I can also speak some mandarin and creole. I used to learn german at school (from form1 to form 3), and it was really cool! To be able to speak the same language as the Führer!! Wow! Je suis trop chanceuse! Smile
Unfortunately i forgot almost everything i learnt, but i'm still trying to revise my notes from time to time. Rolling Eyes

One of the prettiest languages I've heard so far is russian! C'est comme de l'eau qui coule paisiblement dans un long fleuve tranquille... Aaaahhh... I want to learn that language!!! flirty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Endless Corridor :: Spam! Spam! Spam!-
Jump to: