HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many languages do you know?
One and only one
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Two, the most basic...
13%
 13% [ 1 ]
Three, to survive in the schools...
13%
 13% [ 1 ]
Four, the oriental ones learnt in primary...
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
More than four, Wow! That's great~!
49%
 49% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Momoko
Rear Guard

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Mon 16 Apr - 3:09

Me, I would like to learn Japanese....it will be very cool >.<....But I know only some easy words.....But I would like to learn more languages...that would be very good....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Tue 8 May - 4:22

Nataku wrote:
Korean sure is weird,but not as much as German! Ealga speaks German, and ohlala~ the language sounds quite rude at first. You have the feeling that the speaker wants to fight or something...

yeah....i strongly agree. german does sound more like crude sounds made by the interlocutor than anything else. i think spanish is a beautiful language and i especially like to hear poems in hindi even though i don't understand a word there. actually, i can read and write hindi but the understanding is pretty lame. so when i am watching a film or something and i don't understand something i always have to turn around and ask dumbly 'what he says??'. but hindi poems, and chinese ones too, without forgetting the japanese ones sound really soft~~ oh my!! flirty soooo nice to hear!! good to the ears.....*sighs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Thu 10 May - 11:20

Talking about Spanish, I've heard once Milane read her expose in that language,...wow~That was really quick and stunning~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
jedi_girl
Scout

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Thu 10 May - 14:36

I speak four languages. two of them being english ad french of course. The other two are Hindi and my ancestral language, gujrati(although it's very difficult for me to write it.I'm like you here Shiz). Then there's creole but that's a dialect.
I would love to learn latin and Spanish:) . Did you know, Ltin was formerly taught in Loreto schools?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Thu 10 May - 22:03

Yes, but it's a pity they stopped teaching latin in our schools... Why did they have to do that???? Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi_girl
Scout

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Thu 10 May - 23:21

exactly! maybe they did because Latin was not a language that had an exam like Spanish and German. or because students were not interested. anyways, it's a loss for us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Fri 11 May - 1:29

it is truly....what a pity!! i am so interested in classics and now they have removed that!!! imagine l'avance que j'aurais eu avec ça à l'université!!! aaah!!!!!!! bandes d'abrutis!!! pourquoi?!! oh, pourquoi?!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Fri 11 May - 2:47

Well, it is called the institution of education of Mauritius,...what to do~? May be there is a lack of teachers? Alright Shizuka, you're on the list!!
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Fri 11 May - 12:43

no thanks...me not on the list~~it's incredible, but at harvard or cambridge they ask for knowledge of latin or greek or hebrew to be able to take up the courses...à cambridge, c'est carrément a gcse level qu'ils demandent!!!! i'm doomed..........Sad !!!!!!!! what to do? franchement, quelle bande de crétins!!! to think they have taken such a beautiful language out....no wonder Mauritian students are such cretins!!!! they take out all the valuable aspects of our education and, de ce fait, make of our education something boring~~tssssk!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nataku
The Ripper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Fri 11 May - 20:15

I would really like to learn Latin! Firstly, because I think it's a language worth knowing. Secondly, I heard it's tough to master, and I like the challenge it presents. Then Latin is also the source of most European languages - knowing Latin is to know the source of most languages! amazed

<('- ' <) (> ' -')> <('- ' <) (> ' -')>

Pygmalion and Iphis! You bunch of insanely lucky sods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian

Female

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   Fri 11 May - 20:18

Oh~!? I didn't know that~! Cool, but Japanese would be enough for me for the moment...But if ever anyone has learnt a new language, teach me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~   

Back to top Go down

~Languages?Dialects? How many do you master/know?~
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2