HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

how is it possible to do that?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
+O$!R!5+
Winguard
+O$!R!5+

Male
Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-02-20

how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyMon 2 Apr - 16:25

Euh... Cool... But what is Wushu? I'm a bit lost there...
Explain a bit please...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xosirisx.skyblog.com
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Apr - 20:00

Wushu..... hmm...
It is a form of Tai-Chi, i think, because there is some of the forms that is almost the same as Tai-Chi. But the difference is that the movement must be rapid sometimes and slow the other times to differentiate the movements. It is for combat and sports whereas Tai-Chi.
For me it is like that but as i have said i have only "practice" it for 2 years.

More information, see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_martial_arts

It is more likely to have precise info there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:06

i heard about wushu...it did seem interesting....but then again, whatever's martial art interests me...uh, except for tai chi...*yawns at the thought of it*

hey, anybody watched that documentary on the shaolin monks????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:31

I think that i  have seen it. The training of the Shaolin monks from early ages and still their training in there old age is  so fantastic to watch!!!

There are many of these documentary that i don't know of what documentary you ask about!!

What about us doing a holiday there? Tough though but i think it will be really full of experience!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:33

oh, i fully agree!! but you pay for the air ticket, dac?

uh...the latest one i had watched was more a show by the monks in some country (France, i think) and it was in 2 parts....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:45

Oh i see, the french shows, putting forward the Shaolin like circus animals?
These are made by french just to impress french about existing martial arts, i think of it like that...

For the tickets, hmm.... it will be difficult because as i have said i am on this island since my birth, i am rooted, hoping in the future that i will leave it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:51

could be, could be...but anyway, i liked it...in case you have not noticed, occidentals always take orientals for circus animals...

if you are too rooted to the island, how will you go to a battle field?? it's not like mauritius's ever gonna host a war...to bad for you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 2:54

Sorry, "rooted" because here we are not so rich!!!
I will have to go, because i am not going to be in this SMF thing!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 23:19

Hey Shaolin temple is no "la boutique chinois". You can't just pop in there during holidays and say " Hey I wanna learn Kungfu! Teach me teach me!".

My perception of Wushu is a simplified (ultra hyper mega super simplified) form of Kungfu. Taichi stems from kungfu, that's why the wushu and taichi moves are basically the same. Even Karate stems from Kungfu.

@ Shiz, I believe you yawn at the thought of Taichi because it seems so slow-moving neh? Well, believe my experience, it's so slow for a good reason...

<('- ' <) (> ' -')> <('- ' <) (> ' -')>

Pygmalion and Iphis! You bunch of insanely lucky sods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 23:25

i know it's slow for a good reason-relaxation and stuff...but before, when i was still taking Alliance Française classes at school, the teachers did Taichi in front of our class...i never felt that sleepy in any other class, i think!!

i don't think i'll ever manage to learn kungfu at shaolin, it's just that i'd like to visit the place and meet the monks, just to learn a teeeny weeeny little bit of their great philosophy...

@blazer--forget the SMF!! they're not fit to be called the armed forces of Mauritius!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 23:32

Forget Shaolin Shiz, no females allowed in there unless the Chinese government and/or other martial arts institutes organise a seminar there.

Hey Blazer, if you like to go to war, just followMr.G.W Bush! With him you're sure to get lots of battles (without guarantee that you're defending a good cause, of course lol! )

<('- ' <) (> ' -')> <('- ' <) (> ' -')>

Pygmalion and Iphis! You bunch of insanely lucky sods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 23:34

waaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nat!!! you're breaking my heeeeaaaart!!!! no fair!! why do males always have the upper hand!!???? doesn't matter, i'll disguise myself and they won't be able to differentiate....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Apr - 23:44

I can prove that when regularly being knocked hard on a specific part of the body, that this part is going to be stronger.
My cousin made this experience: he punch almost everyday on a wall, the result is that the area on his punch that got knocked everytime became harder! Wanna see it? Come and meet him. I nicknamed  him Colossus!!!

Or another fact is that when "cracking" your fingers you will see that it will become thicker and harder!
If you don't want to do that i can show you, coz i use to do that!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 0:37

alright then...that's cool...i think i'll stop "cracking" my fingers cause i don't wanna have thick fingers..

why did your cousin do that? wanted badly to punch somebody or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 1:20

I ask him if he was getting mad but he replied that it was his choice... He is not mad at all!!!
I think he was preparing himself for suffering as at that time he planned to enter the lion dance group in which i am!! And now he is a colossus and is better than i am. Although he is 2 years younger than me he can now pull up a 80kg man with the 5kg equipment(lion "skin")after a show of 45 minutes(but for us under the "skin", 45mins of sweating)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 1:50

i really really like lion dancing!! it's fascinating!! you guys are really stoical...i mean, don't you ever complain about the heat and stuff?...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 2:33

Hope it is not getting out of the thread's subject?

Hmm... yeah at first it is really tiring and sweateeee, but with training we get use to it and better when dancing with it!

The front guy(head) has to be, "idealement", 45-60kg + the lion head and dress(5kg) and of course  he must know how to jump! Not crushing the back guy's nuts!!
And the back guy(tail, what i am)must train his waist, with experience i can tell you that it aches each time after being the tail for minimum 10mins!(if the muscles are not relaxed before dancing!)
Also the latter must have biceps and strong pulling up force, to lift the "head" up to either his limb or over his head!!

And the 2 guys must have great stamina to do shows of 45mins(as professionals)!!!
Ooooouuuuccchh!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 21:04

oh, we always get out of subject, anyway....nothing new here. check what was said previously and you'll see...

that's a very strict discipline, isn't it?scratch so i take it that your endurance is very high? ever got crushed in the nuts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Apr - 23:25

It is supposed to be, but in my group it is not so. But we can cope with any moves and show to be made!

Me, my endurance, i don't see me like that because i'm relatively weak compared to the other members in my group!

No, never and i will prevent, by all means if needed, the "crushing" to happen!! Because it is future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 2:07

right...uh...did you do the road shows at rose-hill and stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 15:35

We have dance in Rose-Hill but not everywhere like Golden Lion, Shaolin and Wushu Group have done for the Chinese New Year. We Have only dance at the Red Bull Store/Godown and some houses in Rose-Hill!

This is because Rose-Hill is not our "territory". We are most present in Tombeau Bay, Grand Bay and Mahebourg!

Tombeau Bay, because most of our members and their relations lived around!

Grand Bay, because of the Restaurants, Night Clubs and some homes there! In the group we say that our Lions are night clubbers! It dances on techno, house and dance music! You have to see that! Although it is not traditional but we do that for the shows in nightclub!
We have done it for last year China Day in Chinatown, Port -Louis!
And in some hotels Shows!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 23:05

Ohh~~! Then now please start a new post on that if you want please~!

Yeah, it's true that the fingers get thick when you crack them, check my fingers out one day, Shiz~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 23:09

oh, yours aren't too thick!! well, i'll check them some day...me too, i "crack" my fingers. check them, they aren't so thick but they're not thin either....but at least, when i slap, it's hard...serves to "crack" fingers..even if for girls, it's not pretty...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 23:14

I do hit hard, although I don't realise it....Hurt a lot of my friends....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Apr - 23:16

yar!!! i know about that...remember that last time, uri? i was so pissed off and you slapped me on the back? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how is it possible to do that?   how is it possible to do that? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

how is it possible to do that?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Sports :: Martial Arts-
Jump to: