|Clan Centurio|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brokeback Mountain

Go down 
+2
Nataku
shizuka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptyFri 13 Apr - 20:41

that's the film that has done a super malheur everywhere...only recently watched it. and personally, i don't think it ought to have cause such an uproar...i was shocked after the very first love scene, but otherwise, the film is just ok...could have been better. there are extremely sweet bits and it shows how unaccepted the gays are...but really...

anyone saw it?
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptyFri 13 Apr - 21:21

I've seen, but missed some scenes (was multitasking at that time, so...), but having seen most of the it, I can say its one of the slowest movie I've seen, but also one of the bests and most original. Like you, I couldn't understand all the uproar it caused - there was nothing really worth all the noise they made about it in the movie... It's just that people aren't ready to accept homosexuality as a fact or something normal. Faut changer de mentalité...
Back to top Go down
chelsea
Scout
chelsea

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-03-16

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptySat 14 Apr - 1:12

Je veux regarder....
J'ai entendu dire que c'est un film qui fait penser beaucoup...
Mais je sais pas vu que j'ai pas encore regardé le film...

Je suis d'accord avec toi nataku, les gens doivent changer leur mentalité...
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptySat 14 Apr - 18:54

yes, indeed...the situation has not much changed. if you want, y'a maintenant plus d'hypocrisie. homosexuality is still not accepted, no matter what! i liked that bit in the end, when ennis discovers that jack had in fact kept the blood-stained shirts.....found it so cute, and i was heartbroken when ennis' wife discovers that her husband is gay....
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptySat 14 Apr - 20:04

I can understand Ennis' wife, but man! To divorce him! It's not as if he was a bad husband, just because he likes another man...Neutral
Hmm...how would you react, girls, if one day you found your husband is gay?
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptySun 15 Apr - 0:43

i'd be really disgusted!! i mean, you can compete with another woman, but with a man??....how can you do that???!!! unless you get a sex operation....it's not just about living with the man!! it's about loving the git!!! i mean, it's not like you're under the same roof but no relationship....!! geez!! you share the bed there!! unless you like it from behind...? no offense meant, eh?
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptySun 15 Apr - 23:45

Quoting the Old Wise Woman and Black Adder in 'Black Adder':
Wise Woman
"To such problems, three remedies there are.
One, kill the man!"

Black Adder
"But...but...what's the second solution?"

Wise Woman
"Kill yourself! This would end your problem."

Black Adder
"Well, that's out of question! I just need something which would prevent everyone from knowing this..."

Wise Woman
"Finally....the most drastic solution of all: kill everybody else!" Twisted Evil

-----

Returning to Shiz, when I'll have enough experience in this field, I'll tell you whether or not I prefer it from behind. You seemed to be quite agitated while you typing your reply above...Neutral
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptyMon 16 Apr - 2:14

Me, I dunno. I think I'm quite open minded about homosexuality, because it's not his fault if it came with his birth, and not his fault again if it has been induced by his surroundings. I haven't watched the film yet, and if ever I do, I don't think I'll watch it with my parents, (but I wonder if they haven't watched the film in secret...)
Talking about the husband with man thing, I am not sure. Of course I haven't experience it yet, but if it'll ever happen to me, I will first ask abot his true feelings. If he has more for that guy, then I'll take the leave. But if I can see more chance of bringing him back to me, maybe I'll do my best then, although the result is uncertain, but worth a try.
Back to top Go down
http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin
Black Sheep

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptyMon 16 Apr - 3:26

Brokeback mountain? Nice movie... Shows how tragic things can get when people are too narrow-minded to accept the fact that some people can have different sexual orientations...

Whether a person likes people of the same gender or not depends on the environment in which she-he has grown... Sadly, many people think that homosexuality is a disease. Ceci est la preuve que les humains peuvent faire preuve de plus de stupidité que les légumes! pale

Though I think that Enis ought to have told his wife about his being gay.
I'd rather find out that my husband had an affair with another man... Then I'll know that I'm not incompetent, but that it was just my husband who was different. Still, I'd divorce him because... well, tromper, c'est tromper! XD
And he would be better off with the one he really loves anyway. flirty
Back to top Go down
Milane
Moppet
Milane

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain EmptyFri 20 Apr - 18:33

well personally i liked the film, it touched me more than the homosexuality in fact, i was more touched by how such a love can make it through years, they really can't get rid of each other and it destroys them both in the end! it took me by the heart and somehow, a gay love can be as strong as the normal one.
it's true that homosexuality is still not accepted, but mentality is hard to change, maybe one day it will...
as for a gay husband, i agree with u all, it's hard to compete with another man and i 'd be devastated but in another way i'd try to understand his motives of marrying me and what went wrong and see if his feelings are true thought i don't know what would come out of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brokeback Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brokeback Mountain   Brokeback Mountain Empty

Back to top Go down

Brokeback Mountain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Silence! On tourne! :: Movies of the moment-
Jump to: