HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Will you bother?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uri
High Guardian

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Will you bother?   Tue 9 Sep - 22:57

When you are listening to songs whose lyrics are not of your native language~Would you bother to look for their meanings? Or do you simply enjoy the melody?~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Nataku
The Ripper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Will you bother?   Wed 10 Sep - 14:10

I only look for translated lyrics on the net when the song has caught my soul to the point I keep playing it over and over again in my head. Alternatively I also look up the words' meaning when I feel like I have enough free time to do so. Thus I know what the songs are about and thus I can easily come up with toxic criticism.
Take J-Pop or Chinese pop, I have no idea what they are about now. I stopped trying to understand them around mid 2005. The message they convey being just paraphrased versions of previous songs had little to do with my growing disinterest. It just dawned on me that East Asians were, for the most, really excellent at bad pop and rock. (no offense meant)

But sometimes, I prefer not to look for the songs' meaning even if I really like them. It might sound stupid....but I feel like the songs lose their magic when I understand them. (Aaargh...me sens bete maintenant Suspect )

<('- ' <) (> ' -')> <('- ' <) (> ' -')>

Pygmalion and Iphis! You bunch of insanely lucky sods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Will you bother?   Wed 10 Sep - 23:12

More and more the C-Pop's lyrics are becoming nonsense...We can only rely on their melodies~And since I understand~I can only say that most of the chinese lyrics s*cks~!
As for J-Pop, I am rather lazy to look for meanings~Wahaha~
But there are some words here and there that I manage to understand~Ehe~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
shizuka
High Guardian

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Will you bother?   Sat 13 Sep - 3:19

yeah, same here, i can understand some words but unless the song really strikes me as really beautiful or whatever, then i will go look for the lyrics. otherwise, i don't bother (laziness and if the melody suits me, who cares about the crap that's being sung??)
oh, and Nat, i understand what you mean...another reason why i don't bother looking for lyrics...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blazer
Rear Guard

Male
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Will you bother?   Sat 13 Sep - 3:49

My craziness of Cpop is striking me hard these previous months...(Jpop craziness left me Sad )
Though i only understand 1-2 words....I manage to get the right artist's name and title in the appropriate allbum...
Sometimes i may need help Razz
Like you said...Songs that Struck me most, by Melodies and 1-2 words i can understand pushes me to search thouroughly for the right information about the songs and album.

Because the only correct action i can do for the respect of the artist's work cheers
Tidious Work...But it gives me the sense of respecting the artist and in the future it'll help to remember about what i was listening when i was young(If i ever reach old years Razz )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you bother?   

Back to top Go down

Will you bother?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Music :: Hits!-
Jump to: