|Clan Centurio|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Golden Compass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyThu 13 Dec - 19:31

A fantasy/epic type movie based on the novel of Philip Pullman, "Northern Lights". For those British Council regulars, you might have noticed 3 huge orange(with what I'd call pink shades...eurk...) books which no one cared to borrow and titled "The Amber Spyglass". The Golden Compass is the first book of the trilogy "His Dark Materials" while the Amber Spyglass is the third book.
I hope that with the movie will be a success, so that the BC will be inclined to get a copy of the first two books, because reading the third alone leaves the reader completely lost and feeling stupid.

Back to the movie ^^" ...
Like Eragon and The Chronicles of Narnia (oh yeah, the Golden Compass' poster features an armoured teddy bear...uhm I mean polar bear grin , très Narnia-esque.), this movie boasts a quite classy cast - Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig and Eva Green (no no, they're not playing Bond and Vesper) and voices of Ian McKellen among others.
Now the big question: When will the movie be released in this occidental-movies-godforsaken-island? AaAaAarrrggghhhh *drops dead with impatience*
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyTue 18 Dec - 9:06

Oh~I would like to watch too~"Sounds" interesting~Hope it would be good, thinking of the critics that Eragon got~Haha~ The cast is not bad too~Expecting it then~!
Back to top Go down
http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Blazer
Rear Guard
Blazer

Male
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-04-01

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyTue 18 Dec - 22:57

Haerd of it...Though didn't know that it was from a triology(not regularly at BC Library and don't read much books anyway grin )
Hmmmm Nat...sorry for the abroad from Mauritius...Just checked on Mauritian's Cinema sortie and guess...
At ABC rosehill...till 20
Alor Cinema plan???
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyTue 18 Dec - 23:05

Yeeaahhh!!! Enfin un peu de distractions pendant les vacances! Le 19 non...have to go to AF to take my AF and DALF diploma...the 20 then...if you can...or 19 morning.
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyTue 18 Dec - 23:49

What~the diploma will be out on the 20th~?!Not fair~~How will I be able to collect it then?~! Can't someone take it for me please? If possible...and if I'd ever get one...~
Cinema plan~nice nice~watch for me then...since I can't assist in the plan~
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyWed 19 Dec - 23:13

Yo Diddles! you did get the diploma (your daddy got it for you)...erhm...for DALF you were fine, but I'm afraid more than half of the candidates literally f***ed up for the dissert - that includes the two of us Suspect
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyWed 19 Dec - 23:48

Oh really?~Huff~Anyway I'd known that I'm not good at dissertation~Ok back to the subject now~
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyThu 3 Jan - 16:09

i saw the film...without anybody from here...i'm really sorry about that~~ my sister insisted that we see it before they removed it and so we did...
the movie isn't bad..well, i didn't even know the story, and i discovered the whole thing in the cinema. it really wasn't a bad movie. actually, it's pretty good. the special effects are quite commendable and the story is nice. i mean, it's exactly the same world as ours but terribly not the same~~i think it's been well worked on and the teddy bear is just lovable~~too bad we didn't get to organise an outing for this one~~it would've been worth it...
my favourite character in the whole thing was the lil girl's demon...Pan~~he's soooooo cute~~~~~~~~ flirty awww~~~~~~~~ flirty flirty flirty flirty
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyFri 4 Jan - 4:11

Pan...did he look like the beast in Del Toro's movie? Would you say the movie is better than the poor (all pitiful except for the presence of Tilda Swinton! I love you ) "The Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe"?
Back to top Go down
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass EmptyTue 8 Jan - 14:26

no...this Pan is a really cute lil thing...nowhere near the Del Toro's beast...
i haven't watched 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'...most unfortunately...if anybody's got the movie, please lend it to me~~
well, if i had to rate this movie, i'd give it a 7 out of 10...which isn't bad...and i want a teddy bear like this one too!!! i want i want i want!!!!!!!! (throws a tantrum).
the little girl has some character too...which isn't bad for a little girl. actually, i think she is a strong, consistant character...for a ten years old (or was it twelve years old?? o.O) she isn't just your average, dumb kid...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Golden Compass Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Compass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Silence! On tourne! :: Movies of the moment-
Jump to: