|Clan Centurio|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? Empty
PostSubject: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 23:22

Our parents are paying countless taxes already and there's 15% VAT.
Last month, Sithanen the great (si, si, he studied in England after all *sarcasm*) announced the NRPT which means that our parents, and then us eventually, are going to pay like the property tax twice - one to the municipality and one to the government (no logic but that's what I understood from the guy's plan). The other great plan of our Finance Minister (he sure knows how to suck the money out of people's pockets) is the tax on interestand other income receivable from bank savings. Now we have cases where newborn receiving money as a gift from relatives have to pay tax on their "gift" of which they're not even aware of and while they can't even walk or talk.

Your views on this policy?
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyWed 12 Sep - 22:08

That's what I call a "Baka government, Baka policies"...That's really unfair!! That's my savings, my money, they don't have the right to touch it~!! Not in this way anyway! Come on, the parents work soo hard to get the sum, they just sit back and benefit from our blood and sweat? Really unfair!

And they don't seem to be doing any good with our money, where are our basic food products ? Where are our supposed Cyber city? Where are our supposed "first class education"? "Kot sa chanzement la" anyway? Stupid politicians, selling out even our seas! Is it not a right to relax on the beach for the local people? And now they're even taking it away!! Come on...If you guys really want to please the foreigners? Why can't you find something else? (sorry to the foreigners...) Such a lame idea!! Then why don't you just go and have you voted as ministers in the other countries then? Leave this Mauritius in the hands of hopes like the CC!!
Back to top Go down
http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyWed 12 Sep - 22:56

yup...i agree quite much....actually, i first thought that it was a joke...then i realized that it's our new oh-so-marvellous minister who allowed taxes to be taken from our savings....if at least we worked!! we don't even work...and ils nous saignent déjà!!!
yeah, leave the country to the new generation. but the big problem is that the country is such a wreck that finding solutions to set it right again would be really hard...no, i mean, REALLY hard...ça relève du rêve, pratiquement. but, hey guys!!! we're here!! haha....let's take over Mauritius and then, gradually..............TAKE OVER THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........oops, mes tendances mégalomaniaques reprennent le dessus...zut!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyThu 13 Sep - 15:20

Diddles' right. Our seas belong to foreigners (and especially the best beaches and lagoons! Blast! We Mauritians get to swim where the sea urchins and "laffes" live!). But at least these foreigners create jobs for part of the population and contribute to the country's development.
What I don't get is, like Shiz said, "we don't even work...and ils nous saignent déjà!!!" That money our parents saved for us so we can start our independant life with less worries, how can we start anything if there's only, say Rs 500,000 when our parents planned Rs 1.5 m over time? It's just not fair to tax children. I wonder which other countries do that?
Back to top Go down
jedi_girl
Scout
jedi_girl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyThu 13 Sep - 22:26

Uri couldn't have put in better words: " Baka Government"
There was just something that I wanted to add. The taxation on bank savings is only for those people who have a great pay per month- I think 30000 rupees per month.. not sure about the exact value.
But yeah... It doesn't make any sense! I mean isn't it part of our rights to have our saving free of taxes? They could just tax the air we breathe.. they'll get lots of money from it!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptySat 15 Sep - 17:32

argh! tax the air (polluted by the way) we breathe!!! jedi! *like we say in creol - touche du bois* Shocked

and nope, its not only for those who get great pay per month. Proof: I don't work, therefore no income, I received a paper announcing that I've been taxed. Even my little bro got taxed. Next thing they do is to tax children still at the embryonic stage as a provision for the income they'll earn in 19 years. Bravo Sithanen.
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptySat 15 Sep - 17:37

I have not received a paper yet...But I am sure I will be getting one quite soon...Tax...tax...tax...couldn't they think about anything else which can really bring money? Those money mosquitoes....(not to mention the word "s*****s")~!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptySat 15 Sep - 17:43

what's the word? s*****s? I really have no idea...
I'm reading the newspapers: no milk on the market (that and thanks to hoarders) and price of basic food rocketing up again. That's another problem in Mauritius. Electronic appliances are cheaper now and has been compensated by higher prices on basic needs. Bref, on va tous crever de faim dans nos maisons high tech.
Back to top Go down
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptySat 15 Sep - 17:50

Spoiler:
Yup...And our silly government is promoting tourism instead of self sufficiency!! What the hell are they thinking? They should have focused on the possible ways that Mauritians can have their own little plantation or even animals. Or import food from places that are near to us instead of from miles and miles away...and making the prices real high...
Back to top Go down
jedi_girl
Scout
jedi_girl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptySun 16 Sep - 17:19

Nataku wrote:
and nope, its not only for those who get great pay per month. Proof: I don't work, therefore no income, I received a paper announcing that I've been taxed.

I was talking about the fixed deposit savings...Or am I wrong?..am confused la:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Black Sheep
Silent Assassin
Black Sheep

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? EmptyTue 6 Nov - 19:33

Actually, Rs 30000 is quite little when you take into account the fact that the price of your basic needs keeps rising...

The HONORABLE Rama must surely know that rich people are going to transfer their children's money to banks abroad, or are going to find a way to transfer part of their money to relatives who live in countries where such policies are unconceivable....Surprised

But does he care?
NO! Why should he? The source of his income is of no importance to him as long as he can get rich. The only difference is that he will get slightly less money...Rolling Eyes

Hey I know! Maybe he realised that many kids were saving so as to be able to escape from the living hell (aka Mauritius), or else it may be a preventive measure against a potential baby boom! People with less children create less different bank accounts for their kids who... scratch

No... The greed of mauritian politicians knows no limit, and even the most stupid of theories cannot justify their deeds...

When we will be of age, there will not be anything that we'll be able to do to make this place better... And we may not be rich enough to flee... Life is unfair, but then, what were we expecting in the first place??? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?   Mauritians, taxation power 10 ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mauritians, taxation power 10 ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|Clan Centurio| :: Endless Corridor :: The Politics Arena-
Jump to: