HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The superhero genre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: The superhero genre   Fri 18 May - 21:18

Spiderman 1 & 2. Hulk. Four Fantastics. Catwoman. Superman. Batman. X-Men 1,2 & 3. Oh and I nearly forgot Ghost Rider Rolling Eyes

And now we have Spiderman 3! Honestly I'm quite impatient about this one as it seems to be an interesting version of Venom's origins. Raimi's Spiderman movies are also the best superhero movies so far, along with Batman - Beginning and Superman Returns. I personally found the X-Men saga average... The special effects were nice, but I thought the movie's story killed the original....Neutral

I also strongly maintain that Catwoman and the Four Fantastics were 'flops'. grin

Did I forget any film?
Well, what are your opinion of the above movies?

<('- ' <) (> ' -')> <('- ' <) (> ' -')>

Pygmalion and Iphis! You bunch of insanely lucky sods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi_girl
Scout
jedi_girl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Sat 19 May - 22:01

I kind of like the superhero genre. Spiderman and Superman are my favourite superheroes.Smile I agree that Sam Raimi's Spiderman is the best superhero saga. Batman the beginning was slightly above average and Christian Bale -who is by the way a fantastic actor -pulls this movie off otherwise even the special effects were utterly boring. The Four Fantastic and Daredevil were average. Catwoman, I won't even bother talking about it!
Hulk was kind of nice but the 1970s version even though it does not have effects is a good saga of the green giant.
There's also Electra, Hell Boy and The Punisher. Hell Boy is a great movie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uri
High Guardian
Uri

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Sun 20 May - 3:46

I will just give my opinion, don't be angry if you are against...

Spiderman 1 & 2: Watched it but with not really great interest~~but still expecting the 3rd one, heard from Asura that...alright spoiler!!

Hulk: Watched but forgot the storyline~Baka me...

Four Fantastics: Once wanted to watch, but heard that it was not that good, so didn't watch it in the end...

Catwoman: Watched, and liked a little, but her neither good nor evil character impresses me, sort of "I will do as I like, no matter what other people think of me..." type.

Superman: Didn't watch...no comment, only wonder why he wears his underwear outside...

Batman: I only remeber the iceman and the poisonous plant woman one...That was a nice one, although the BatGirl....no comment..

X-Men: Watched the 2 and 3 one. Characters are nice with marvelous powers...

Electra: Not really worthy to watch, the bad guys are really cool in their outfit, weapons and skills...but they die too easily...disappoints me a lot~Thought of more refined battle scenes!!

DareDevil: Okay...average.~~

HellBoy: Average too~The big red thing just don't impress me with his so short-minded and easy-angered behaviour, liked his partner though, not the human one of course!!

That's all I've watched I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tinguri.deviantart.com/
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Sun 20 May - 21:39

Oh you watched only this Batman movie Diddles? You should try Batman - the Beginning. The special effects aren't "ka-boum" as jedi_girl said, but the story was quite down-to-earth style, so I liked it.

I didn't and still don't think much of Electra. The movie was quite average to me.
I didn't watch The Punisher, but I watched Hellboy and liked it. Al though I didn't like the lead actress - she just doesn't fit in here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi_girl
Scout
jedi_girl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Mon 21 May - 1:42

yeah... Selma Blair mostly had a filler role. but hellboy himself was sarcastic and brooding so I liked him.
What was nice with Batman the Beginning was how Bruce became the superhero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shizuka
High Guardian
shizuka

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Mon 21 May - 23:20

my my~~it seems i'll be the odd one out here...i really don't like superheroes...!!! actually, i did watch some superhero movies, but i was always very disappointed in the end...*sighs*. spiderman, the first one (arriérée que je suis, j'n'ai pas regardé plus que cela...) was not so bad. but i always get this feeling that the bad guys are so dumb!!

otherwise, the only superheroes who have a very special place in my stone heart are the X-men...i mean, how cool can you get!!? oh wolverine!! and i also particularly like rogue...
else, i don't like superman....or batman....or whatever else superhero... (they don't know the proper use of their underwear!!!). frankly, i don't mean to hurt any of you people...but personally, i can't really bear to watch them~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nataku
The Ripper
Nataku

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   Tue 22 May - 19:52

HAHAHAAAAAA!!!! yeah, they don't know the meaning of underwear!

Pfff...I didn't like the X-Men movies...visually, they were perfect, but for the story...my my...they killed the real X-Men! Ice-Man and Rogue! Mon oeil!
However, Wolverine did like Jean Grey (but I think the movies carried their relationship a bit too far).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The superhero genre   

Back to top Go down

The superhero genre
Page 1 of 1